The journey to this treasure land!
17 Days trip with 11 Days moderate to Strenuous adventure trek!
Upper Mustang, located in the extreme fringe of northern Nepal, bordering Tibet, is an amazing geographic region to visit. The capital city of Lo Manthang, is the fortified town with a spectacular and uniquely colourful landscape. This remote district of Mustang, was a separate kingdom and still has the king, who is just well respected and is physically and culturally a very much of Tibet. Mustang prospered at the height of the salt trade between Tibet and Nepal. Originally the hiking trail follows the drovers’ trail, crossing passes of up to 4000 metres and visiting many main towns. It’s best to have a full day to explore the ancient capital town of Lo Manthang.
We begin our trek with a flight to Jomsom from Pokhara following the oldest and holy river Kali Gandaki and through a vibrant mosaic of earth colours. Set within this riot of colour and with a backdrop of distant snowy peaks, the numerous picturesque, white painted villages and monasteries are delights to treasure for the lifetime of this trekking journey.
Upper Mustang is best done in spring and summer season (March –Sept) as the winter is so rough, that makes most people to migrate down to warmer areas, even like to Pokhara and Kathmandu.
• The forbidden kingdom of upper Mustang in trans-himalayan region of Nepal
• Fantastic landscape and mountain views
• Unique and age-old cultural assets
• Kaligandaki, the oldest river with ammonite
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat and light jacket
To Lo Manthang
Day in Lo Manthang
Day at Yara
- Hotel in Kathmandu as per itinerary
- Domestic flights to Kathmandu/Pokhara/Jomsom and back
- Special permits of US$ 50 per day
- Annapurna Conservation fees and TIMs card
- 3 meals a day and accomodation in local lodges/Inns
- Experienced/licensed guide/tour leader
- Porter service ( one porter for every two clients)
- Support staffs for the groups size
- All private transportation
- Govt tax
- Staff's insurance