Red Panda Tour
In Search of Red Panda
Tour duration- 11 Days
In this tour, we will take you to explore the wildNepal, in the east, in search of this endangered, elusive and cutest being, “Red Panda”. Even though, they are also found in different parts of the country, the chances of getting encounter them in this area is much higher. To maximize their sighting, we will be working with the local community, that are well-trained and are from the same area. These trained communities are the guardian of the Panda and other wildlife in that area. They are trained to track with the least impact on them and the same time visitors/nature lovers would get chance to see them in their natural habitat. It’s a sear joy to see these lovely animal in their own natural habitat.
Besides, “Red Panda” the area is also blessed with well over 200 species of birds, among them some are endemic to this area and hence only seen in this part of the country. The area with the Mai Pokhari and the forest slopes and creeks are very lively with the birds. Along with the national birds of Nepal- Danphe, the amazing Himalayan Monal and Satyr Tragopan, Red-tailed Minla, Yellow-cheeked Tit, Hume’s Bush Warbler, Rufous-chinned Yuhina etc. are the birds of this area. The wild animals include, such as Common Leopard, Clouded Leopard, Serew, Muntjac, Yellow-throated Marten, Porcupine with other reptiles, that makes the area wonderful for biodiversity hotspot.
At the same time, visitors will also enjoy the local hospitality of this area. The tour helps both you, Red Panda for their conservation, educating people and the community. This helps for their economic benefit, that is very important for their livelihood, helping Red Panda. They both thrive side by side.
Come and join us and be a part of this eco-trip that is purely beneficial for the local community, the conservation work and for you to have this lifetime experience to cherish always!
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat and light jacket with nature friendly colours
Flight and start the journey
Drive and Overnight
Explore with oprional hike
Return to Ilam
- 15 Mar-24 March Book now
- 31 Mar-09 April Book now
- 17 April-26 April and Book now
- 02 May-11 May Book now
- 27 Sept - 06 Oct - Book now
- 11 Oct- 20 Oct - Book now
- 27 Oct-05 Nov and Book now
- 09 Nov-18 Nov - Book now
- All meals including lunch, dinner, breakfast and cookies with hot drinks (tea/coffee)
- Experienced and wildlife/bird expert tour leader
- Staffs (Guide and support staffs, local wildlife tracker from the community)
- Accommodation in home-stay/lodge
- Community and nature entrance fees
- All private land transportation
- Half day heritage sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu/Bhadrapur/Kathmandu flights
- Welcome dinner
- Staffs insurance and Govt tax
- Anything that is not mentioned in included section